Friday, June 5, 2009

Stalker

I pictured something maybe out a Slipknot video when I wrote this? Perhaps birthed from some of the books I've read. Anyway, enjoy

Stalker
Stephen Frerichs


I walk these woods

Because I was never understood

In the woods I escape

Into my dances, shadows I drape

Over these woods, these trees

I bring fear – and travelers freeze

They heard me

They look about – as if I’d let them see

My hiding place

But they’re terrified anyway, and away they race

Occasionally – for fun

I’ll come out – let them think their time is done

A few scattered leaves

Presumably tossed in the breeze

But imagination plays its tricks

And in their mind, realization clicks

Those leaves were moved

Their consciousness knows I’ve proved

That I exist

Somehow they think they’re on my list

All I want is some fun, enjoyment

But they think killing intent is evident

Running, sprinting, I follow

Chasing, an exaggerated demon, out of my hallow

Now they’re gone, to safety

But for night on night they’ll be haunted by me

The masked man of their dreams

It’s enough to make them scream…

No comments:

Post a Comment